I often get asked what is the best milk alternative for people who are lactose intolerant, or have difficulty consuming dairy products. For me the the best alternative is coconut milk, and I consider it also to be the healthiest option for people looking to lose weight. I use USDA Certified Organic So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk. So Delicious Coconut Milk comes in original, unsweetened, vanilla and chocolate. I use So Delicious Coconut Milk almost everyday in my protein drinks.
Here is my favorite post workout recovery protein drink recipe:
- 1-2 scoops of protein powder of your choice.
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- A dash of nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of almond butter
- 1/2 whole pealed banana
- 6-8 ounces of So Delicious Coconut Milk (Vanilla or Plain).
- 2-4 ounces of water until you get consistency you prefer.
See below for some of the benefits of drinking coconut milk and using coconut based products:
– Coconut consuming cultures around the world have lower incidence of heart disease than Americans.
– Lauric acid exists abundantly in coconut and plays a fundamental role in building our body’s immune system.
– Once in our system it transforms into an antibacterial and antiviral substance called “monolaurin” which destroys viruses and diseases.
– Lauric acid also occurs naturally in human breast milk and plays a vital role in nourishing and protecting babies from infections.
– MCFAs promote weight maintenance without raising cholesterol levels.
– They work best for preventing weight gain if you’re not overweight or maintaining your new weight after a successful diet.
Check Out My Best Selling Books:
Get Your Free Simple Life Gifts Here: