Welcome to another episode of “Ask Gary Anything.” This is where you, the audience, get to send in your questions about anything, and I will answer them. That is right, you heard it… anything, because that is how I roll! On a fairly regular basis I pick questions sent to me from my ever growing list, and answer them on this podcast.
Want LIVE videos, early access to my podcasts and 100% ad free recordings? Only $4.99/mo!
Become A Member
If you want to have your question(s) considered, simply fill out the contact form on my website www.thesimplelifenow.com, or better yet become a member of “The Simple Life Insider’s Circle” link is at the bottom of the show notes. Today, we have some great questions:
1. (John S) Last year, my employer imposed the vax mandate for all employees unless either a medical or religious exemption were granted. This didn’t sit well with me, and I refused not only the vax but also to submit to any exemption request. As the initial deadline (Dec 8th) approached, we were told that employees that refused the vax without an exemption would be considered “self-terminated”. The deadline was then shifted to early 2021 as the mandate was challenged in the courts (not by me…just what you may have heard through news/media). Finally, in early 2021, my employer “suspended” the mandate for employees. I subsequently filed an ethics compliant (“anonymously”) against the CEO of my company, although I don’t expect anything to happen as a result.
I’ve been working in my chosen career field for almost 35 years. When I was told that I would be “self-terminated”, my wife and I began to consider “retirement” and proceeded to look for some acreage in another state where we would prefer to live. By the time the mandate was lifted, we were enjoying some weekend travel to see properties that caught our interest. So, our search for property continued even after the mandate was lifted, and we are now under contract to purchase a place we think we’d like to live in retirement. So, we’re now planning to move to our soon-to-be new home.
I think I’d like to continue to work from home, albeit in a different state, but on the other hand, I’m not happy about what happened with the vax mandate and threat of “self-termination”. Like many folks, my work has been performed mostly remotely (at home) since early 2020, but my job assignment supports a certain facility/location, which does require occasional on-site presence. Needless to say, my motivation to work is significantly reduced, and I’m finding it difficult to stay productive and engaged on the job. I have not yet discussed this with my employer.
My question for you is “Should I even have a discussion with my employer about working remotely from new home?”…or “Should I just leave and find something else to do with my life?” I could go either way, but my wife would prefer it if I could somehow keep my job for the near term.
2. (Greg M) What is your recommendation to give water more taste? Im trying to get away from chemical mixes like crystal light and diet soda. What do you suggest?
3. (William) How do I get my wife to go to paleo diet? She’s Allergic to everything.
* Support The Simple Life Podcast and enjoy it ad free by being a member and subscriber at: https://thesimplelifenow.com/register/the-simple-life-membership/
Show Sponsors which helps keep this show free!
*Use special promo code WATPVT15 with link below for We The People Holsters and get 15% off your order!
* Use special promo code AFFILTRX15 with the link below for TRX Training Systems and get 15% off your order!
* Or you can see all the show sponsors in one convenient place here: https://thesimplelifenow.com/sponsors/
* See what Gary is reading and his recommended reading list here: https://thesimplelifenow.com/reading/
- Donate to The Simple Life cause: https://thesimplelifenow.com/product-category/consulting/#donate
- Where to send your questions: [email protected]
- The Simple Life Rumble page: https://rumble.com/user/TheSimpleLife
- The Simple Life Website: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com
- Make sure to signup and be a member of The Simple Life Insider’s Circle at: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com/the-simple-life/