Today, Myles Wakem and I dig into the battle Australia continues to wage against China’s willing economic takeover. Then we move on to how this is the blueprint for China to take over the West, and guess what? They are pretty far along in this process. But we just don’t give you all doom and gloom–we dig into how all this happened and what you can do about it. We all need to understand we control this ship; we just have to realize it and change our ways. Burying your head the sand sounds good, but things are moving way too fast for you to do so. So let’s get this figured out and make a stand for freedom. The other option is to do nothing and die under the boot of tyranny, and I’m just not up for that!
About Myles in his own words: I was born and raised in Adelaide, Australia. Adelaide was a wonderful place. Clean, great community, great weather, great food. I mean the idyllic location. My parents were not wealthy, but nor were they poor. My father worked all of his life for the same company. My mother was a stay-at-home parent. My parents owned their own home and paid it off. They struggled financially but were able to put me through private school. I was an only child – I guess I didn’t have to share their focus with another, so I got lucky.
I had always been interested in technology from a young age. I was such an avid learner that I would go to great extremes to seek out things and get involved in clubs, community groups, etc. I rode my bike everywhere – even for hours to the city’s center to spend my Sunday afternoons in the public library. Soaking up every bit of knowledge I could get. Strange things that people often didn’t pay attention to. But I did.
One day I got exposed to CB Radios. This was in the 1970s. I became obsessed (as I often did with things). I learned about electronics, physics, communications, etc. This led me towards computers, and eventually, I bought one of the first personal computers – in 1978, the TRS-80 Model 1 computer. I learned everything about programming that computer, and it became everything to me. As the computer industry evolved, so did I. I started a software company and became one of the few experts in software development in Adelaide – getting gigs to write software for government departments, big corporations, etc., and I was still not even 20 years old. My passion for technology was matched with a business passion, which started well before I discovered technology. I guess business was in my DNA.
In 1989, I moved to the United States, settling in Los Angeles. I realized that the ability to migrate from one place to another was a life-changing experience. It taught me to embrace everything I found within my grasp, learning about business in the USA, I got involved in the music industry, and I was able to leverage my computer programming experience to land work in some early startups – one of which became Amgen, the world’s largest biotechnology corporation. Although I spent much of the next 30 years living in the USA, I never lost touch with my home of Australia, and in the late 1990s moved back there for many years before returning to the USA. In 2002 I moved to Scottsdale, Arizona, and I’ve lived here since.
I am a self-made business owner. I don’t have a job. I do have clients and I do work on software projects and data centers, etc. today. It is because this is what I love to do. It isn’t because this is my career. I’ve never embraced that concept. I think if you are blessed to find your calling early in life and you can turn that into an income earner, you will embrace that far more than a defined “career” that people have to convince themselves that they love to do. I got lucky in that regard. But it was more that at a young age I was passionate to learn things. I still am. I just can’t learn them in a classroom, or a lecture hall, or books. I have to go out and see things with my own eyes and touch things with my own hands. It is just the way I operate.
Today I run a technology organization, and thanks to my wife and her focus on investments in the 1990s, we learned the power of real estate investing along with other passive income businesses, and today I make 100% of our financial needs from passive income. This means we are free to travel and live an unconstrained life. But I also respect that I got an early start in this sort of thing, so I want to give something back.
- A recap on how the citizens of Australia found themselves in the position they are in during the Covid pandemic
- The history of how China took over Australia’s economy
- Why now Australia is fighting for its independence from China influence
- How China is using buying our politicians and business elite against us
- Why the China problem is much bigger than you think
- Why we must change our systems from the inside out and the bottom to the top
- How world leaders seem to be all in on the destruction of freedom
- Why you should never settle for tyranny
- Why you can’t fix big picture problems until you fix yourself first
- Understanding the importance of learning how to do things for yourself instead of waiting for others to fix them for you
- How that damn Three-Legged Stool of The Simple Life is a large part of the answer
- Myles and I discuss the importance of running our own economy with morality and ethics
- Why we need to change our thought process about consumption if we want to win this battle
- Taking our freedom back is easier than you think, but at the same time hard
- Myles’ Website: https://www.beunconstrained.com/
- Donate to The Simple Life cause: https://thesimplelifenow.com/product-category/consulting/#donate
- Where to send your questions: [email protected]
- The Simple Life Rumble page: https://rumble.com/user/TheSimpleLife
- Link to episode 108, as an expat of Australia he discusses how they lost their freedom https://thesimplelifenow.com/ep-108-myles-wakeham-australia-is-at-war-with-its-own-citizens-an-example-of-freedoms-lost/
- Link to episode 81, where Myles discusses Bitcoin – fraud or a legitimate currency: https:/www.thesimplelifenow.com/e81/
- Link to episode 76, where Myles tells his story of becoming a millionaire three time: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com/e76/
- The Simple Life Website: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com
- Make sure to signup and be a member of The Simple Life Insider’s Circle at: https://www.thesimplelifenow.com/the-simple-life/