Are you struggling with your weight and health, and looking to start fresh in 2021? Well, we all know 2020 sucked, but it is not too late to kick 2021 in the ass! Today, I have a special guest, Best-Selling Author and good friend, Gary Taubes. Gary, is one of the best out there today, when it comes to explaining what is making us fat and what to do about it. Another must-listen episode, so don’t skip this one!
Gary Taubes is an investigative science and health journalist and co-founder of the non-profit Nutrition Science Initiative (NuSI.org). He is the author of The Case Against Sugar (2016), Why We Get Fat and What to Do About It (2011) and Good Calories, Bad Calories (2007), published as The Diet Delusion in the UK. Taubes is the recipient of a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Investigator Award in Health Policy Research, and has won numerous other awards for his journalism. These include the International Health Reporting Award from the Pan American Health Organization and the National Association of Science Writers Science in Society Journalism Award, which he won in 1996, 1999, and 2001. (He is the first print journalist to win this award three times.) Taubes graduated from Harvard College in 1977 with an S.B. degree in applied physics, and received an M.S. degree in engineering from Stanford University (1978) and in journalism from Columbia University (1981).
- Why all calories are not the same and why counting them is futile
- Why you are a carb addict
- Why is the consumption of alcohol a cause for rapid fat storage
- What does Keto actually mean
- What is the Keto flu
- The history of the sugar industry… food company or heroin dealer
- How we store fat, and why, and what you can do about it
- How does fructose trick the glycemic index and cause insulin resistance
- Why does eating fat and protein make us lean and happy
- Why we are wired for sweets
- Why if you have it in your kitchen you will eat it
- What are the solutions to our obesity epidemic