Now I’m not a fan of never enjoying yourself and cutting out all the foods that you like. That is the approach some of the hardcore Primal/Paleo people take, but I have found this approach has a high failure rate. As I have discussed in my books and other written material, studies have found sugar to be highly addictive and has similar withdrawal symptoms as heroin. So I consider going cold turkey, when it comes to sugar not be a good idea. The Simple Life is all about making better decisions and avoiding extremes, so that is why I especially like this Primal Power recipe. I usually indulge myself after a long bike ride with this treat, and I don’t feel guilty about it one bit. Now I didn’t create the baked apple recipe, come on that one has been around forever, but I did add a couple Primal Power tweaks that I think you will enjoy!
– First choose the apple of your choice, there is no secret formula to this, I usually go with an organic Honey Crisp.
– Preheat your toaster oven or conventional oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Cut the apple into 4 or 5 even slices (see picture below). You can cut the center out where the seeds are or spend a little more time like I do and pick the seeds out and leave the slice completely intact.
– Place slices on a glass pie pan or other type of glass cookware.
– Completely coat the tops of the apple slices with powdered cinnamon.
– Sprinkle a little bit of nutmeg on top of cinnamon.
– Now for my Primal Power secret sprinkle a pinch of Celtic Sea Salt on each apple slice.
– Put a small cube of real organic butter on each slice.
Put in the oven. Cooking time will vary depending on size and water content of apple slices. The best way to tell they are done is to stick them with a fork if it easily passes through the apple slice it is done.
* Now here is an extra tid bit that I’m sure you will really enjoy! When the apple slices are about 3/4 cooked sprinkle on a layer of coconut flour on each apple. This is what gives this traditional baked apple recipe a little added twist and turns into an apple cobbler tasting treat without the mess and prep time. The best part you will not be tempted by an entire pan of apple cobbler, you can cook this dessert in a single Primal serving, it doesn’t get any better than that!
Check Out My Best Selling Books:
Get Your Free Simple Life Gifts Here: